Monday 30 January 2012

Stage B Log - Vinyl Scratch


I finally got to meet the stallion that had evaded me all this time, Blackest Skyline. I cantered into Pizza Stable expecting to see a black unicorn sat in a dark corner of the establishment, alone. I expected that, when I was to go over there to try and talk to him, he would refuse to acknowledge me because he has a hatred of other ponies and is only in this race to win, and he has some kind of dark motive behind the whole thing.

Of course, what I expected and what actually happened were to completely different things. When I saw the pony, he was sat at a large table in a well lit corner of the restaurant next to the kitchen, with a huge square pizza plate, and beckoned me over. Straight away we engaged in friendly conversation, just as the next competitors trotted in, the two pony team of Applejack and Big Macintosh. And a little later a car I hadn't seen before pulled up, and out stepped a minty green unicorn. I remembered her instantly. Lyra Heartstrings.

Lyra and I went to the same music college together, before I, well... Before I got kicked out.Yes, I, DJ Pon-3, possibly the most successful disk jockey in Equestria, got kicked out of music college. Why? For dropping the bass. Out of a third storey window. Me and my friend Tavi got into a fight, and I took it a little too far and threw her bass (Or Cello or whatever. I don't know, all those instruments look the same to me. I'll stick to my decks.) out of the window. The worst part was the fact that it went through the windscreen of the headmaster's new Mercedes . Whilst he was in it. I was never allowed anywhere near that college again.

Black had ordered us all a pizza to fit the plate on the table, and most of it was gone by the time we were scheduled to leave. I boxed a few of the remaining rectangular slices to eat during the journey ahead. Everpony prepared their cars, which for me meant turning the damn traction control system off, and the we hit the road.

To start with, we were all pretty close to each other, but then Big Macintosh, who was now behind the wheel of the Saleen, and Black in his XJ220 started to pull away, leaving me and Lyra together further back. The lack of traction control made a significant difference to the GT-R's performance, it was much happier to slide the tail out, and it was much more fun than accursed Snow Mode. The majority of the journey was pretty uneventful, up until about the last five miles. I'd just leant across to grab a slice of the pizza from earlier whilst the car was in a controlled slide, which was pretty stupid of me. The pizza slice was stuck to the box, and I was trying to get it free with one hoof, and trying to keep the car under control with the other. There was a Vauxhall Agila parked in my line, I couldn't push the steering wheel across far enough with my one hoof to avoid it, and I ripped the front end of my car off and buckled the front suspension. The stage was ruined and the car was ruined. Big Macintosh finished almost a full three minutes ahead of me, followed by Black and then Lyra.

Conveniently, our rest stop is right by a little garage called Pit's Stop. I spoke to the owner, and he reckons he can get my GT-R fixed up before we leave in an hour. Sadly though, he won't have time to get it sprayed. Ah well, I'm sure there'll be somewhere in Mustanglia where I can get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment